Monday 8 June 2009

Amelia's magazine illustration submission

On Friday I submitted my design for Amelia's magazine open design brief, in aid of the housing and homelessness charity Shelter.

The brief was to design a 2 of hearts playing card. The winning designs will be chosen and put together to form a massive patchwork quilt of cards in many different styles and designs. Said quilt will then be part of an exhibition that Shelter are putting on in the summer. Other designers and artists contributing to the exhibition include Stella Vine, Basso and Brooke and Rachel Whiteread. The final artworks will be auctioned to raise money for the charity.

My idea was to use artichoke hearts as the main imagery. I eat them a lot when I am in Italy and they are so yummy with olive oil and lemon! I used bright, yet organic colours, with a sunshine yellow to evoke the zingy flavour of the lemon.

www.ameliasmagazine.com
www.shelter.org.uk

1 comment:

Nancy said...

i love your submission!